Hash Tag Theory – Learn How to Create Hashtag
Well people have been using hash tags for various reasons, in today’s social competency (or clutter) it is very important to stand out and emerge as a brand. Hence let’s understand how and why one should implement “The Hash-Tag Theory” in your business content.
What is hash-tag (#)?
Hash tag is a type of label or metadata tag used on social network and micro blogging services which make it easier for users to find messages with a specific theme or content.
Users create and use hash tags by placing the hash character in front of a word or un-spaced phrase, either in the main text of a message or at the end.
Searching for that hash tag will then present each message that has been tagged with it. A hash tag archive is consequently collected into a single stream under the same hash tag. (Source: Wiki)
What is the purpose of a hash-tag?
Using hash tags to categorize Tweets by keyword: People use hash tag symbol (#) before a relevant keyword or phrase (no spaces) in their Tweet to categorize those Tweets. Clicking on a hash tag word in any message shows you all other Tweets marked with that hash-tag
What are the benefits of hash-tag?
- Helps in reaching more people
- Helps in creating awareness
- Build brand or identity for your business/products/service
- Helps to communicate with followers/users
- Helps to address one particular news under one roof in social media or internet
#THE HASH-TAG THEORY#
The hash-tag theory is nothing but it explains how to create or on what parameters you create hash-tags. Below are the mentioned parameters to create hash-tags
- Brand Name: It is always important to use Hash-tag for your brand name, it could be your company name, or product name also. People can connect to your brand easily if in case they are tweeting or talking about your brand. For ex: #flipkartsale #bigbilliondays #amazon #moto4 #g4 #ipl2016
- Services/Products Name: Sometimes people may not be aware about your company or brand name, in such cases it is suggested to use product name or services name. For ex: #freedom251 #motog4 (Basically owned by Lenovo) #digitalmarketing
- Location Based: Sometimes it is good to add location based hash-tags so that you can reach the local people. For ex: #omit #digitalmarketing #bangalore
- Contest Based: If in case you are creating contest in social media to reach more people (Organically) and gain more engagement on your page, then you should certainly use hash-tags related to contest. For ex: #contestalert #flipkartvoucher #guessnwin
Follow the above theory to create your own hash-tags and stand out in the social media clutter.
All the best